Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beautiful Questions




My 3 year old has been asking questions. The questions have stirred something in me that is bubbling up from within and causing me to ask some questions of my own.

"What does conquered the grave mean?"
How do we "lift God higher?"
"Does God live in my heart?"

I realize that to answer these questions with some type of authority, I have to know the Creator with even more intimacy than when I am just the one asking the questions. In the same way as it was when I taught 5th grade, I learned more as the teacher than as the student.

I expected parenting to be a time for me to teach lessons and learn more about myself and my child. I did not expect to find myself seeking God with a renewed child-like faith. I did not expect to become the student while my 3 year old asks the questions for which I search out answers.

Ah, my Savior works in mysterious and wondrous ways. And a little more awe factor works its way in.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Totally agree. When trying to explain God or theology, wow...it really does put you in a "crisis of belief" moment sometimes. When you have to really explain something and not just reply some rote church answer, it really sheds light on what we truly believe or know.